A/C Trouble Shooting Help
Why is my air conditioner not cooling?
Is your home A/C not cooling at all or fast enough for you? Is it blowing luke warm air instead of the pleasant chilly breeze in your home? There are many reasons behind what causes your air conditioner system to not cool and produce warm air instead of cold.
Common Home A/C Problems and Solutions – FIX YOURSELF- NO NEED FOR A TECH
- Thermostat set to “On” instead of “Auto” : Your A/C may be set to “fan” which allows the unit to run 24/7 even when the air isn’t being cooled. Solution: Switch your thermostat from “auto” to “on”.
- Dirty Air Filters: Your air conditioner will struggle to circulate air throughout your home when your filters are clogged. Common problems with a dirty air filter are the Evaporator Coil will turn to a block of ice that will block the air. You know this has happened when you set your thermostat to 74 and it doesn’t cool below 80 degrees. Solution: Change your air filter, but you may need to call us as well.
Common Home A/C Problems – You should not fix by yourself! Call EcoMech to Fix It!
- A faulty or broken condenser fan motor? If the fan motor is bad then the outdoor unit fan can not dissipate the heat and the a/c can not cool your home.
- Low refrigerant? Refrigerant is a liquid that absorbs the heat from the air. When your air conditioner is low on refrigerant then your a/c can’t cool the air. A low refrigerant level means you have a refrigerant leak. Call us to come and charge the levels back up! You’ll have cool air in no time!
- Bad Compressor? Your compressor is the heart of the system. When it is bad you’ll have no cool air.